I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Evelyn @Evelyn Reads! This is the first time I’ve been nominated for this award. Thank you so much Evelyn for the nomination!
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
1. What book did you love but didn’t expect to become one of your favorites?
I went into “Four Dead Queens” completely blind. There aren’t very many murder mystery books for teens, but I ended up really loving this book and giving it a five star rating.
2. Did you discover any new favorites recently?
I haven’t really found anything recently that has become a new favorite. When I think of a book as a favorite, it usually means I’m interested in rereading it some day, and while “I’ll Give You the Sun” by Jandy Nelson has been my highest rated book this year, I don’t see myself rereading it.
3. What author would you love to see more books from?
I’d love to see more books from Tomi Adeyemi and the writing duo of Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. I have yet to read “Aurora Burning,” even though it is at the top of my TBR right now.
4. How do you choose what book to read next?
I’m very much a mood reader, so I choose what to read based off how I’m feeling. After finishing “Bridge of Clay,” I picked up “Queen of Shadows,” partly because I knew if I didn’t read it soon I would forget stuff, but mostly because I wanted to continue reading a series where I wasn’t being introduced to a new world and a new main character that I had to keep track of. I can focus more on the plot and character growth than figuring out what each rank is and who has what type of magic.
5. What genre do you want/need to read more from?
I would love to read some more historical fiction or contemporary that doesn’t make me gag.
6. How many books do you read at a time?
Since school started in the fall and I’ve been reading school books and fun books, I’ve found that I can’t read less than two books at a time. If I get bored reading one, I can jump to the other for a little while. However, I can’t read more than four, including ARCs, or I start to get the characters mixed together.
7. What is an upcoming release you are excited for?
I talked about how I want to read this in another post. I’ve never read anything by Miss Schwab, but I really want to.
8. What bookish world would you love to visit?
You really expect me to not be cliche? Of course I want to visit Hogwarts.
9. What do you like doing besides reading and blogging?
I love writing, (I’m working on a novel), dancing, (my last class of the season was on Wednesday), talking about Marvel, and searching Pinterest for recipes I will probably never make.
10. What is the one book you want everyone to read?
“Kisses from Katie” is a very inspirational and important book that I think anyone could enjoy. It’s written by Katie Davis, a young woman who abandoned her life in Tennessee to pursue missionary work in Uganda. At the time the book was written, she had adopted twelve or thirteen little girls and she lives permanently is Uganda.
11. Who’s your favorite book influencer?
I love all of the bloggers I follow, along with Hailey from Hailey in Bookland, (YouTube) and Jesse from Jesse the Reader, (also YouTube).
- Nish and Ngoc @Nish and Ngoc’s Book Nook
- Virginia @The Sassy Library Fox
- Shanah @Bionic Book Worm
- Celaena Renee
- Cristina @Girl in the Pages
- Kristin @Kristin Kraves Books
- Nancy @Nancy O’Toole Meservier
- R.E. Klinzing
- 1. When did you learn to read?
- 2. What is one book you want to be turned into a movie/t.v. series?
- 3. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
- 4. What book do you plan to read next?
- 5. Who is one of your favorite bloggers or what is one of your favorite blogs?
- 6. What is one genre you absolutely hate?
- 7. If you could help one of your favorite authors write a book, who would you choose to write with?
- 8. Do you enjoy reading more in the morning or at night?
- 9. How do you come up with creative ideas for blog posts?
- 10. What book did you hate having to read in school?
- 11. Which is better: Marvel or D.C.? (Please say Marvel!)
I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks again Evelyn for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!