Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic day so far. I’ve been pretty busy the past few days with my writing group, family visiting, and getting ready for my, (recorded), dance recital. This week I actually record the dances at my studio.
I was nominated for this award by Emer over at A Little Haze Book Blog! Thank you so much Emer for nominating me! If you don’t already follow her, please go check out her blog.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What is your favorite bookish trope?
I’m a big fan of friends to lovers, as well as comic relief characters if they are done well. I’m looking at you, Ron Weasley.
2. What is your favorite song/album/playlist right now?
I mean, my favorite album is the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack, but I recently started listening to the Hamilton soundtrack and My Shot has to be a favorite right now. I don’t have Disney+, so I haven’t been able to watch Hamilton yet. I’ll just keep listening to Sincerely Me in the meantime…
3. What has been your favorite read of 2020 so far?
“Queen of Shadows” has been by far my favorite read of 2020. Since then, I’ve been in a reading slump and haven’t finished any good books.
4. If you could live for a day in the world of any book, what book would you choose?
I mean, is this really a question? If I couldn’t choose Harry Potter, I’d probably say “Skyward” by Brandon Sanderson because it would be really cool to fly a ship.
5. Pizza or pasta?
I love both equally, but if I had to choose, probably pasta.
6. What are your feelings on loaning books to friends and family?
I loan books to my family all the time because most of the books in the house are mine. My dad has “Skyward,” my sister has “I am Malala,” and my cousin has “Red and Black”. I don’t loan books to friends typically though because most of my friends aren’t readers.
7. How do you feel about writing in books, or purposefully breaking book spines, or dog-earing pages?
I don’t write in any books. I try not to break the spines on my books, but sometimes it happens. However, I dog-ear pages a lot for quotes or if there is something important on that page that I might need for a paper or book review.
8. Which do you find easier to write: A book review for a five star rated book or one for a one star rated book?
I find it easier to write reviews for one star books without giving away spoilers, but if spoilers are okay, I could talk about a five star book all day. One star reviews tend to be rants for me about everything that could have been done differently, while five star reviews focus on everything that was good. Therefore, five star reviews can become a bit repetitive.
9. What is the post you are most proud of on your blog? Share a link to it
My favorite post is my Character Aesthetics post where I share some aesthetic images that visually describe the characters in my work in progress. My most popular post was actually my first Sunshine Blogger post.
10. If someone was starring in the film of your life, who would you cast as you?
I’m not sure actually. The actor would have to be young, because I’m fifteen, and be a redhead. Maybe Sadie Sink, who plays Max in Stranger Things? I have hazel eyes though.
11. Novelty socks or novelty t-shirts?
I’m a sock person, so definitely socks.
Thanks again Emer for the nomination! I tag:
Anyone who hasn’t yet been nominated for this award. It’s hard to keep track of who has already received a nomination and I don’t want to nominate the same people.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be leaving for camp on July 24th, so I will be inactive for probably a week and a half. Coincidently, my one-year blogiversary falls during the time I will be gone, but I have a fun post planned for when I get back! I will not be able to answer any emails at this time.