Here you can find updates on some of my writing projects, like where I am in the writing process, if my project has a title, and what kind of project it is. Please note that most of the projects listed are just for fun and I don’t have intentions of future publication, unless marked with an asterisk.
Last updated March 15th, 2021
Project #1: These Broken Pieces*
- Genre: YA/Teen Contemporary fiction, realistic fiction
- Length: Novel
- Status: Sending query letters!
- Points of interest: Teens in the Foster Care system, twins, rooftop conversations, artist’s daughter left with a legacy, anxiety rep
- Other notes: I am looking to publish this piece before I graduate high school in 2022. You have to dream big. Inspired by my own experiences and the T.V. show A Million Little Things.
Project #2: Untitled
- Genre: YA/Teen science fiction, dystopian
- Length: Novella/Novel
- Status: First few chapters shelved for later
- Points of interest: Life on Mars, steampunk-esque setting, female inventor, ancient race of warrior women
- Other notes: This is a rewrite of a former project that I can’t seem to get out of my head. I have hopes to expand it to novel length, but I would be happy with a novella as well. Not sure if this is something I want to publish in the future. Inspired by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and NASA studies of future colonization on Mars.
Project #3: Untitled
- Genre: YA/Teen science fiction
- Length: Short story
- Status: Finished
- Points of interest: Dying Earth, robot with British personality, ragtag group of antiheroes, angry aunts
- Other notes: This was just a fun project that I might send in to a magazine eventually. Inspired by The 100 and “Fahrenheit 451.”
Project #4: Untitled
- Genre: YA/Teen contemporary fiction
- Length: Unknown
- Status: Drafting
- Points of interest: Family beach house on the coast of Maine, trio of estranged sisters who haven’t been to the beach house since they were kids, a dead grandmother’s secrets, alopecia rep, broke college students
- Other notes: This is a brand new project that I just started drafting and that I am super enthusiastic about. I don’t know the length of this project yet. Inspired by John Green, Mary H.K. Choi and “Bridge of Clay” by Markus Zusak.